This document shows in detail how to configure your SAML SSO using Okta, but most similar platforms that support SAML should have similar steps.
To configure Instabug with Okta, you will need to follow these steps:
1. In Okta Admin, select Applications, then Add Application, then Create New App. From the settings select SAML 2.0 and then select Create.
2. Fill in the App Name, click Next, then navigate to Configure SAML tab.
3. On the Instabug Dashboard, navigate to Company Settings, then navigate to Single Sign-On and click on Configure SAML.
4. Copy Service Provider SSO Callback URL and Service Provider Entity ID into your clipboard.
5. In Okta Configure SAML tab, paste the Service Provider SSO Callback URL that you previously copied from Instabug SAML setup into Okta Single sign-on URL field and Service Provider Entity ID into Audience URI (SP Entity ID)
6. In Okta, once you in Configure SAML settings, click to Download Okta Certificate. Then, you would need to generate a SHA-256 or SHA-1 fingerprint from it to paste it into Identity Provider Certificate Fingerprint at Instabug SAML SSO configuration.
To generate SHA-256 or SHA-1 from your .cert file, you would need to run the following command in your terminal:
openssl x509 -noout -fingerprint -sha256 -inform pem -in [certificate-file.crt]
openssl x509 -noout -fingerprint -sha1 -inform pem -in [certificate-file.crt]
7. In Okta, navigate to the app you previously selected, and then under Sign On Settings, click on View Setup Instructions and then from the Instruction page, copy Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL and paste it into SAML/idO metadata URL in Instabug SAML setup, then click Enable.
8. Finally, to start using Instabug SSO using SAML, you would need to assign people and groups that require access to Instabug. This can be done by navigating to the Instabug application in Okta, then, clicking on Assignments tab then click on Assign.